The challenge was to make a Wikipedia viewer. It was supposed to search the Wikipedia API and give you a list of articles that match your search results, as well as an option to be taken to a random page.
I decided to take it one step further and actually let you view the Wikipedia content.
The client had been using a wordpress.com site for his blog, but wanted more control over his content. We worked together to come up with a custom design that included mailing list integration and custom widgets, and deployed it as a self-hosted wordpress.org site.
Every piece of text on the screen can be changed by the client later on from the WordPress dashboard!
The client wanted a more modern look, but also wanted to include a lot of animal imagery from her book. We worked together to come up with a look that reflects her sense of style while still seeming modern.
The client was using a website that a family member had designed for her. While it was serviceable, she wanted something more modern and stylish. It was important to her to reuse certain logo elements and imagery from her old site, so we built the design around them.